Waldo Pepper;588927 Wrote:
> The difference is that a power off clears its basic memory and starts
> again looking for files that already exist using network settings that
> already exist.
>
> The cold boot by use of the rear switch clears everthing and things
> like your network/wireless settings have to be put in again.
>
> I find this somewhat tiresome but a good start following a software
> update.
Sorry, but that's just wrong. I just did a reboot on my Touch and it
didn't clear the network or wifi settings or anything else. It didn't
even clear the playlist that was active at the time I rebooted. As
noted earlier in this thread, there is a difference between rebooting
via the button (give it a short press), versus using the button for a
factory reset (press and hold the button for ~15 seconds). The latter
_will_ clear network settings. The former will not.

--
aubuti