Gerry123;595329 Wrote:
> Downloaded the firmware and placed it where you suggested but don't get
> an option to update to it, only re-install 9218.

Do you have both options enabled on your server at Settings > Advanced
> Software Updates?  Also, you usually need to restart the server in
order to get the prompt.

> Now, I may be a little dim on this, should I unzip the files or leave
> them as they are. I've tried both ways but neither work.

Leave them as they are.  fab4.version is a small text file.  You should
be able to view its contents in Notepad.  fab4_7.6.0_r9243.bin is a
binary image of the firmware.

> If I stick them on a SD card (un-zipped) it does come up to upgrade to
> 9243 but always fails and asks to retry.

>From the SD card should work.  It should also work if you place them on
a USB stick.

> I'm beginning to think I've got a duff Touch but wouldn't have the first
> idea trying to explain to Amazon why it's faulty, not because I don't
> know, more them not understanding.

Well, Amazon is usually great about returns.

--
JJZolx