Ocean56;598004 Wrote:
> Thanks for the fast response!
>
> I DID switch stations between tracks, and that's when I noticed a
> difference.
>
> The PC I'll be using is an older Dell, but it will be strictly
> dedicated to my music library.
>
> If the Vortex s/w works better, I have NO problem downloading it &
> using it to run the Squeezebox.  I looked at their forum earlier, and
> noticed some comments regarding using external hard drives.  I'll have
> to research that further...
Okay, if you switched stations, that explains it. A few stations play
at higher bitrates like 192kbps or 256 or even above, but 128 is very
common, as well as some execrable 64 or lower.

Yes, research the Vortexbox + external drive some more rather than
taking my only quasi-informed word for it. I would guess that the
issue, if there is one, is making sure the OS mounts the drive before
trying to load Squeezebox Server (SBS). If SBS is loaded and the drive
isn't recognized yet it will think you have zero tracks in your
library. But a rescan after the drive is recognized should put things
back to normal. This issue exists to one degree or another with all
OSs.

--
aubuti