Vortexbox by default assumes that an external USB drive is being used as
a backup disk and does not mount it as a normal disk. You CAN use an
external drive as your music library, but it takes some linux hacking
to turn off the special stuff that vortexbox scripts do with an
external drive. I've done it successfully on my system, but I don't
remember off the top of my head what I did. I'd have to spend some time
and figure out what I did.

Note that this was with version 1.5, I haven't tried it with 1.6, but I
haven't seen anything about the external drive behavior changing.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson