I just got my SB touch yesterday.  I also have a SB3, a SB2, a SB
Receiver, and a couple of SB Booms. (Plus a SB1 I'm not using in the
closet.)

I haven't done an A/B comparison yet, but I replaced the SB3 with the
SB Touch, and my first impression was that the sound quality was much
better and in particular I noticed much better bass response.  I am
using the RCA outputs.  Now, this could have been purely psychological
because the mind always wants to like the 'new thing' better, but it
felt noticable. I was streaming regular lossless FLAC content, not
96/24 content.

Do others have an opinion?

I am assuming that if I were to use the optical outputs, there would be
no difference (unless I were playing 96/24 content).

And on that note, what happens if I stream 96/24 to all of my SB's?
Will the SB Touch get true 96/24 while the rest get downconverted? Does
this happen at the player or the server level?

--
robotron2