Percival Sweetwater;603987 Wrote:
> Hi,
> I am thinking that if the album art (if present) would load first and
> complete before filling the music buffer, then this would not happen. I
> am not sure where the buffer for album art is, or how to acheive this.

I'm running the same setup as you do, with the only difference that all
my FLACS are at compression level 0.

Therefore I can tell you that loading the album art first would not
help. I don't save or display any album art (if it's includes I even
delete it), but I have the same stuttering problem. The only thing that
helped in my case was switching to MySQL instead of using SQlite. With
MySQL there was no stuttering/rebuffering at all. But it has a
downside. MySQL is not reliable when scanning the music-folder and it
is much slower than SQlite.

Therefore I returned to SQlite and live with the stuttering at the
beginning of the first track.

This shows that the stuttering is most probably not a buffer-problem,
but rather a database handling problem. If MySQL were as reliable and
fast as SQlite I'd use it because it's nice to play songs without
rebuffering, but the MySQL seems to be bad in combination with the
Touch.

--
Soundman