Treated myself on a squeeuzebox touch this weekend. The SB classic moved
to the study, the touch in the living.

The touch is a great package. It really is a step forward from the
awkwardness of using a device with a remote control when on reaching
distance from it. With the Touch one can control sanything on the
device itself. Two less logical deviation from the classic are a bit
strange.

1) with the classic I configured to screen characters to be large and
x-large. The latter I could read easily from the couch. The Touch only
has small and even-smaller. Ofcourse it has the album artwork so most
of the time I can guess what is playing from the artwork (and from the
music obviously :-) ) It would be nice to have  a larger font though.
It would be nice to have customisable screens in the first place. I
could do without the analog vu and the spectrum, they both look cheap.
But there is far less to configure with the Touch
2) it is not possible to fix the digital out's. They go to a sound
system that itself has volume controls so I have to volume control on
the Touch as well as on the stereo. Not sure how the Touch implements
attuniation of the digital outputs but I'm sure I loose bit depth
there.

As it's these are the only things I miss I don't mind really but still,
it is odd that on a newer development these basic function miss.

cheers

--
th00ht

SqueezeBox v3
Squeezebox Server 7.4.2 - 30215 / Archlinux
Quad 303 + Two Quad Electrostats
'last.fm' (http://www.last.fm/user/th00ht)