th00ht;605035 Wrote:
> Treated myself on a squeeuzebox touch this weekend. The SB classic moved
> to the study, the touch in the living.
>
> The touch is a great package. It really is a step forward from the
> awkwardness of using a device with a remote control when on reaching
> distance from it. With the Touch one can control sanything on the
> device itself. Two less logical deviation from the classic are a bit
> strange.
>
> 1) with the classic I configured to screen characters to be large and
> x-large. The latter I could read easily from the couch. The Touch only
> has small and even-smaller. Ofcourse it has the album artwork so most
> of the time I can guess what is playing from the artwork (and from the
> music obviously :-) ) It would be nice to have  a larger font though.
> It would be nice to have customisable screens in the first place. I
> could do without the analog vu and the spectrum, they both look cheap.
> But there is far less to configure with the Touch
> 2) it is not possible to fix the digital out's. They go to a sound
> system that itself has volume controls so I have to volume control on
> the Touch as well as on the stereo. Not sure how the Touch implements
> attuniation of the digital outputs but I'm sure I loose bit depth
> there.
>
> As it's these are the only things I miss I don't mind really but still,
> it is odd that on a newer development these basic function miss.
>
> cheers

you can fix the digital outs in 7.6

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect
cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.