Hi John, I've got a brand-new SBT and have just tried implementing your
mod in order to connect up to an async USB DAC (Audiolab 8000CDQ). I'm
getting no sound at all over USB, and it is still coming out of the
coax. Below is a dump of some of my files. I'm guessing the status of
"stop" in the stream0 file is not a good sign. My SBT firmware is 7.5.3
r9283 (it updated itself immediately that I turned it on).

Can you offer any advice as to a possible cause of my problem? I
wondered if it was worth me trying your modified firmware, if you could
point me to it.

Many thanks in advance,
Tim

# aplay -l
card 0: TXRX [MXC SPDIF TX/RX], device 0: MXC_SPDIF [MXC_SPDIF]
Subdevices: 0/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: Series [Audiolab 8200 Series], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 2: fab4 [fab4], device 0: fab4-ak4420 []
Subdevices: 0/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
# cat /etc/asound.conf
pcm.usbdac {
type hw;
card Series;
}
pcm.plugusb {
type plug;
slave.pcm "usbdac";
}
ctl.plugusb {
type hw;
card Series;
}

pcm.!Series plugusb

# cd /proc/asound
# ls
Series   card0    card2    cards    fab4     hwdep    pcm      version
TXRX     card1    card3    devices  fab4_1   oss      timers
# cd card1
# ls
id         oss_mixer  pcm0p      stream0    usbbus     usbid
# cat stream0
Lakewest Audio Audiolab 8200 Series at usb-fsl-ehci.0-1, full speed :
USB Audio

Playback:
Interface 2
Altset 1