pippin;608101 Wrote:
> No. The linux box talks to nothing but the next switch.
> There your precious bits will be buffered, sent through an internal
> bus, re-packaged and sent to the next device in the link.

Indeed - that's how my own setup looks, so I see that my Mac ethernet
interface runs at 100Mbps, presumably because the switch that it's
connected to is not gigabit-capable.  But I suppose it's possible that
the dedicated audiophile would connect the server directly to the Touch
in the pursuit of ultimate SQ.  This mod seems to suppose that gigabit
must be more taxing on the Touch processor so it must be limited to
100Mbps.  But as far as I can tell from the specs, it doesn't do
gigabit anyway.

kiat;608105 Wrote:
> My ReadyNas Due is running the SqueezeboxServer directly internally.
> Both the Win7 and ReadyNas is running at 1000MBit

Does your ReadyNas connect to a switch or directly to the Touch? Is the
complete path from the ReadyNas to the Touch gigabit-capable?

--
chill