lcrim;608574 Wrote:
> Your experience in running the Touch via wired ethernet is fairly
> typical

We should take care not to let this thread fork into another discussion
of soundcheck's mods, but I think it's worth noting that a possible
reason for differing opinions on the importance of the connection type
could simply be that some people are using the RCA analogue outputs,
and some are using a separate DAC.  If you're using a DAC that's robust
against jitter and RF interference, then it really doesn't matter how
you get the bits to the player.  If you're using the RCA outputs, then
all sort of other things can possibly come into play.

I'm not sure that enough reports have been explicit about setup to be
able to draw conclusions about what's a typical experience.

--
chill