Stephen;609790 Wrote:
> If I had an iPad, I would at least try the screen thing.

I did/am.  For several reasons, not debating the perceived incremental
changes--or lack thereof---in sq, I'm kinda' liking the iPad/iPeng
combo.  We've essentially put the iPad on a stand in the same "home"
position as the Touch--on the shelf with the amp and dac.  It now looks
like a giant Touch.  The "now playing" screen readability from across
the room is vastly improved plus, as others pointed out, there's just a
lot more real estate for reading playlists, search results, etc.  Not to
mention the portability and all the other cool things about the iPad.

Mrs. rgro is in Apple heaven and I've gotta' admit, after listening to
the final movement of a 24/96 Mahler's 2nd (which is, for lack of a
better word, a rather dense piece!) after we got everything all set up
last night, there is a clarity and breadth to the music that is totally
involving.  Even my stuff on Rhapsody sounds damn good, now.

--
rgro

Rick

System information
Main: PS Audio Quintet > Touch (wired) via spdif coax > CA DacMagic >
Marantz PM8003 > VA Mozart Grands > REL Acoustics R305.

Home Theatre:  SBR (Wired) > Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic
5.1.

SBS 7.5.3 r31815 running on a Vortexbox Appliance, V 1.7.  Touch
w/Hardware V.5.  Touch: FW 7.5.3 r9283.  Duet: FW 67.