I own both the Duet and Touch.  If I had to choose between the two, I'd
get the touch.  The touch has a larger display and does have the
flexability to control other players if your setup expands.  As others
have mentioned, if you own an iPod Touch or an iPhone, you can use it
as a controller.  Personally I like using my iPod Touch with iPeng
better than the squeezebox controller.

The Touch does have an IR remote, so it can be controlled via a remote,
just not one with a screen on it.

The duet can also be a little quirky in the setup and some people
encounter difficulty setting it up.

>From a sound quality perspective, they are both the same to my ears,
though I haven't done any "critical listening" to try to hear any
differences.

I'm very happy with both products, but if I had to choose, I'd choose a
Touch.

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod
Touch.  SuSE 11.0 Server running SqueezeBoxServer 7.5.0, MusicIP, and
SqueezeSlave.
Current library stats: 33,696 songs, 2,720 albums, 499 artists.
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior