acsgp;611973 Wrote:
> OK, thanks.  Prob I have is that the Hi Fi is downstairs, and the router
> upstairs, so the signal is weak.  Thought also that there would be no
> info lost between the VBA -> SQT -> DAC -> amp if I use the USB
> connection between the VBS and SQT and the optical out to the DAC.

yes, as noted, the VBA needs to be connected to your router via
ethernet. Forget your idea of TOUCH > USB > VBA. This won't work.

Keep in mind that the VBA could sit next to your router (it doesn't
need to be next to your stereo or TOUCH).  If the TOUCH can't connect
reliably back to your network via WIFI, have you considered either
"ethernet over powerline" or "ethernet over CATV (MoCa)". So, for
example, you plug a powerline adapter in next to your router and
connect to your router with ethernet, and another powerline adapter
near your touch. Then you connect your touch via ethernet to the
powerline adapter. Now you have ethernet connection between your touch
and your router.

--
garym