chill;612111 Wrote:
> Presumably this makes it rather difficult to administer if it isn't
> connected to the network.

Yes. Of course it is DESIGNED to be connected to the network. This
said, you can connect a keyboard and monitor to the VBA, it is just
designed that one doesn't need to. The idea is that this is a music
(and video) server (computer) that can be hidden away in your basement,
back closet, etc. feeding stuff to players (video, Squeezeboxes, SONOS,
etc.) that are also connected to your network.

Right now I'm at my kitchen table on my laptop. From the laptop web
browser, I can see what's going on with my VBA, I can also access SbS
running on my VBA, I can copy music from my laptop over to the drive on
my VBA, etc. But the VBA is physically located in a back closet chugging
away 24/7 (low power use in any case).

--
garym