toby10;618815 Wrote:

> For a friends computer I once reinstalled XP due to a crippling virus
> infection, and it took hours of installing XP and SP1/2/3 and all the
> updates.
> I'd never want to go through that again.  ;)

You suggested that I call support, which I did first. Support offered
no help and put me through far more hours of agony than re-installing
the virus. I wish you would have told me to re-install the OS. It was
far simpler. I would never recommend that anyone call support!

BTW - You don't have to install the OS and then SP1/2/3 - It's very
easy to get the media with SP3 on it already. Which I have and can be
gotten quite easily.

--
Cut-Throat