I recently upgraded my Receiver to a Touch in order stream 24/96. Still,
I liked the minimalist design of the Receiver way better and will only
touch the Touch on rare occasion as I always use my Controller, so I’d
really like the display to stay off by default.

I’ve set all the screensaver settings to “Screen off” and that almost
does the trick, but only almost: Sometimes the screen is completely
off, at other times the backlight is on while showing a black screen
with the backlight coming through. I haven’t figured the pattern to
this yet, but I find it quite annoying.

For example, when I use my Controller to turn off the Touch, the
display backlight suddenly turns on; showing a backlit black screen.
The funny thing is if I turn it back on and right off again, the
backlight turns off as well.

The good thing is the backlight /can/ be turned off, but what’s the
trick to keeping it off to avoid that backlit black look?

TIA, Kim :o)

--
Askim