lauret;626213 Wrote:
> 1) I have 192kHz music, and transcoding is better to be avoided when
> possible. Resampling is a whole lot more complicated than dropping
> every other sample. Moreover, support for 192kHz doesn't do any harm,
> does it?
> 2) There is a whole range of USB Audio Class 2.0 devices coming,
> especially as UAC2 ICs are now being released. Because of that, I think
> that 192kHz support will gain more momentum in the foreseeable future.

It doesn't do any harm, but it's hardly necessary or urgent...where is
the significant quantity of music in this format (I'm not talking about
a handful of DVD-A's and vinyl rips...)

... and yes I do understand how DOWNSAMPLING works and how SOX does it
and this has nothing to do with "dropping every other sample" as some
people seem to think (rolls eyes).

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.