pspero;626678 Wrote:
> Do I detect a bit of disdain for the Wave Radio?  :)  If so I
> understand, but I will say that when I tried one of my Booms in it's
> place the low end was noticeably missing.  I love the sound of the
> Boom, but for this application (in this room) the Wave sounds better.

No, none at all, you've just become sensitive being an owner/user of
Bose equipment :-).

In all seriousness, no, I wasn't expressing any disdain.  What I meant
by "your use case" was the fact that you have it setup in your kitchen,
which isn't always the quietest place in the house.

I agree with your comment regarding the low end on the Boom.  In my
kitchen, I have a Klipsch iGrooveHG connected to a Duet (the iGrooveHG
was purchased to play music from my iPod before I knew what a
Squeezebox was).  I like the sound of this setup better than the Boom.
When doing an A/B comparison, the Boom sounds anemic.  In the bedrooms,
the Boom sounds fine though.

Your approach is a good one - try it out and see how it sounds to you.
I suspect you will find it to be good enough.

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod
Touch.  SuSE 11.0 Server running SqueezeBoxServer 7.5.0, MusicIP, and
SqueezeSlave.
Current library stats: 34,767 songs, 2,776 albums, 505 artists.
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior