I have just disconnected the Dac  and tried playing Flac and Wav and the
noise is still there but much quieter.

A bit more info - The noise happens as I press play or skip on WAV and
Flac but not on Apple lossless or Mp3,but if I go from playing a Flac
or WAV to say an Apple lossless file  it makes the noise for one or two
commands then back to normal with no noise from track to track.

I have to say again, without the Dac it really is a lot quieter,but I
would  still like to try and solve this if possible.

Also I have checked the firmware and it shows the SBT 7.5.4-r9408 and
SBS 7.5.4-r32171,which seems to be the latest.

Thanks again.

Ps. Phil I thought DVD Extractor was for DVD Audio,turns out it is
after all.I thought my reading skills were as bad as my computer
skills,ha ha.

--
edwinch