toby10;529366 Wrote:
> So you want Logitech to spend time and resources on their free server
> software to make it more likely to not buy their hardware players.

It's open source with a plug-in architecture... so anyone with both a
Slim Devices and a DLNA device and the right coding skills might see
the need & give it a go....

There are plug-ins for subscription services that there could easily be
a revenue share deal for, so its in Logitech's interest to increase the
use of their server so people who use those services and have DLNA
devices take the Logitech over some other "free" server to use.

oh and how about a corporation with a good DLNA device to sell who
don't want to develop a whole new server when they can piggy back on a
really good one... I don't know oh how about someone like Logitech who
make devices that fall into both camps.

etc etc etc

whatever the business driver 7.6.x builds support a DLNA server plugin
now.

--
Amnesiac