Phil Leigh;635734 Wrote:
> You make backup CD's? - why? (I'm serious... I haven't burned a copy of
> a CD since 2006). ...
Hi Phil,
well, my brand new SBT is my very first venture into audio modes other
than CDs, which I've been exclusively using since 1986. I certainly
know about their shortcomings. With FLAC files (one per CD in my case)
I had an option to quickly and fully recreate a CD from my hard disk
when a CD was going bad.

Guess I will have to seriously consider different archiving options. My
wife will probably continue to mostly use CDs, and that will be a factor
to take into account. BTW: We mostly listen to classical music.

Warm regards,
Fred

--
FredHS