gharris999;635890 Wrote:
> Why this jihad against embedded cue sheets?  Some of us, for our own
> reasons, simply prefer this format.  I don't see the embedded cue sheet
> crowd prostlotizing against flac per tracks.  Flacs with embedded cues
> have been supported by SS/SC/SBS from almost the beginning.  Yes, it's
> a minority format and full support has slipped from time to time.  But
> Andy now has it working better than ever in 7.6.
>
> Ok, I may be overstating things when I refer to an "embedded cue sheet
> crowd".  Perhaps "lonely gaggle hiding in the corner" is more
> descriptive.

Jihad? - against a gaggle? well, you and another guy anyway :-)

SBS would be a much better product IMO if it didn't have to keep on
supporting an almost infinite variety of file/streaming formats. Cue
sheets just aren't needed these days - likewise APE file (and OGG for
that matter). There's a whole host of functionality that could be
ripped out without troubling any more than 1% of the userbase.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.