rolski;642690 Wrote:
> Aha, well, if I always had control of my senses (and my wallet !) I'd
> also be "slumming it" with an analogue sub, but I felt the need for
> some "retail therapy" and now possess a couple of Meridian
> floorstanders that apparently don't feel the need for any low-frequency
> support....  ;)

the 5200 needs some support especially as home theater, I figured the
smaller Meridian worked better in a small room. And the larger ones are
awfully expensive I've bougth the dealers demo units for my 5.1 setup, I
hesitated for 5-6 years to get dsp's ( due to thier ridiculous price )
but a technical failure in my old stuff forced me to decide.

I'm also being sensible here as i figured that an analog sub would do
fine below 50Hz :)

the G68 room compensation and steep subwoofer filter makes it mate
really well anyway.

The Meridian stuff is wonderfull, but at a price . I do live on a
relatively " normal " incomme.
saddly in botique hifi the price is a part of the product, so is costly
design.
But Meridian delivers, to many expensive hifi things is mostly failed
science projects with tubes and golden handles, read HiFi+ ;) they
seems to have the highest cult-object to engineered-hifi ratio ever

--
Mnyb

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad 64gB wifi +3g with iPengHD & SqueezePad