gharris999;643333 Wrote:
> With regular 'ol 16b 44.1khz redbook, I've never known flac -8 to be a
> problem with my Transporter, SB3, SBBoom, SBRadio or SBTouch.  Because
> I use flacs with embedded cuesheets, SBS 7.5x and earlier always
> streamed flac -0 to the players anyway because of transcoding.  My
> SBReceiver seemed to have trouble with even that...but the SBR always
> struck me as the slow-learner in the class.
>
> Having been using SBS 7.6 beta since shortly after the branch was
> created (i.e. for more than a year), the flac -8 has been streaming
> nativly to the players and (with the exception of the SBR) I've never
> noticed any problems.
>
> But I'm not really disagreeing with Phil here.  Flac -0 or flac -5 will
> provide you with a bit of insurance.  You'll spend much less time (and
> money too, if time == money) moving your audio library to a larger hard
> disc than you would re-flacing the collection to down-compress from 8 to
> 5.

As I said, the problem only affects some hi-res (e.g 24/96)...
sometimes...

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.