My experience with the artwork under 7.6 was perplexing.
Probably 60 % of my albums had artwork however a lot of the artwork was
no longer correct for that album. Some art was correct yet a lot was
seemingly randomly out of place.
The majority of my artwork sits as a jpg within each album folder.
I am running WHS . I was impressed with the short time it took to do
the complete rescan compared to 7.5.5 however at the moment I dont have
the time to hunt down the issue. Tried multiple clear and rescan
attempts but lost patience and Have gone back to 7.5 and all art in its
correct place.
Have been a very content squeezebox user and sure that there will be a
simple solution, I just have to find it.

--
bigblackdog