Ladyfingers;646522 Wrote:
> Nope, but not a bad guess. I've set it to make properly lossless rips.
> From what I understand from reading similar problems on the board, even
> if there is a null value, the Squeezebox is or should be sending out
> digital silence and maintaining a lock. But my NAD is a fickle machine,
> sadly.

So under EAC Options - Extraction - do you have "delete leading and
trailing silent blocks" checked or not?

The SB doesn't understand "digital silence". When playing it sends the
PCM stream (which may have values in it that you can think of as "all
zeroes" or "silence"). When not playing (e.g. paused) but still powered
on it sends 24-bits of "all zeroes" at the data rate of the previously
played track (or 44.1 if it hasn't played anything yet since power-on)
to keep the dac locked. When powered off it sends nothing at all (so
that auto-sensing DAC's can switch to other inputs).

Actually that's a question... what happens if you PAUSE or STOP during
a track? Does the NAD lose PCM lock? - pause/stop and track transition
SHOULD be the same thing...

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.