magicj1;654103 Wrote:

> I got my Squeezebox touch from a guy who was selling it due to the fact
> he found it not as responsive as he liked, he is now using Sono's which
> he finds so much more responsive the the SB/Ipeng, why is this?

So you are trying to play e.g. an album and you tap a track and then it
often does not do anything?
I mean: you can't really miss the track, even with the fattest fingers,
I mean... it's like 1/4" high and 2" wide in portrait, that should be
big enough so I don't really think it's the problem.

When you hit the track, usually iPeng should switch immediately to the
NowPlaying screen, actual playback could be a bit later depending on
how long the server needs to start the streaming but for me it's never
more than 1/2 s.

You talk about opening a context menu, by "hold"ing a track for 1/2 s
(actually it's a bit less on iOS 4). That's not a simple action but a
secondary gesture. It's not meant to act immediately because then you
could never use the default action, couldn't you. Indeed, if you move
your finger during this time, the gesture is not being recognized, it's
how iOS differentiates between scrolling and holding gestures.
Also, under iOS4 this is an operating system gesture. and I don't
really see why it should work differently in landscape mode and have
never actually experienced that.

When the gesture is recognized, a new menu should open. Now the CONTENT
of this menu can take a bit longer depending on your setup since for the
Song Info menu the server compiles information from various sources but
usually it's no longer than 1s for me.

And my server is slower than yours.

Using Song Info from the current playlist is a bit different, that can
be a little bit more sensitive.

The App does indeed behave a bit more sluggish in the first seconds
after start because it still loads a lot of information from the server
then.

The one disclaimer is that I never tried iOS 4 on a 2st/second
generation iOS device because the only one I still have of these is the
one I use for iOS3 compatibility testing.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote and
*New: iPeng for iPad*, at penguinlovesmusic.com