I have a problematic DAC that mutes on silence, which means that it
often clips the beginnings of tracks.

It maintains a lock for about 5 seconds after a track is paused, so
track transitions aren't a problem for the most part, however, starting
an album from standby often results in lost opening notes, which is
awful.

I know that the Squeezebox puts out digital silence rather than null,
but my DAC (part of a  NAD T747 receiver) mutes it anyway.

Is there a way for the Squeezebox to loop an inaudible (but not
completely silent) noise in the background when nothing is playing? I
suppose it could be any track, really.

--
Ladyfingers