Ladyfingers;657114 Wrote:
> I have a problematic DAC that mutes on silence, which means that it
> often clips the beginnings of tracks.
>
> It maintains a lock for about 5 seconds after a track is paused, so
> track transitions aren't a problem for the most part, however, starting
> an album from standby often results in lost opening notes, which is
> awful.
>
> I know that the Squeezebox puts out digital silence rather than null,
> but my DAC (part of a  NAD T747 receiver) mutes it anyway.
>
> Is there a way for the Squeezebox to loop an inaudible (but not
> completely silent) noise in the background when nothing is playing? I
> suppose it could be any track, really.

No. Your best option is to avoid the defective NAD DAC by using the
analogue inputs on your amp, either directly from the Touch or via a
new external DAC.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.