I'll second the suggestion to wire ethernet if you can.  We recently
re-did our kitchen, and I have 5 CAT5 drops now in the kitchen (one for
our phone, as that is where we have our wireless phone
basestation/answering machine; one for the Boom which is what we use in
the kitchen; an active ethernet port at a small desk and a second in our
island in case we want to run a laptop wired vs. wireless; finally a
cat5 cable which is pulled to behind our wall-mounted TV in case we
need it (thinking about putting a Revue there, for example).  Prior to
running wired, our Boom would have drop outs when we operated our
microwave, so this avoids that (plus we have a new microwave, so that
problem may have gone away anyway).  Bottom line, if practical, run
wired ethernet as that eliminates many of the problems people have.

--
tcutting