h...@nwtec.com;660940 Wrote:
> I use my SB3 (wireless) solely for internet radio, listening to mostly
> classical music. Should I get a new Touch? Will I get noticeably better
> (ie., cleaner, more dynamic, more musical, etc.) sound with a Touch?
>
> Any and all opinions, suggestions and thoughts are welcome.
>
> MTIA
>
> PS Sorry for the duplicate post, but I was having beacoups problems
> getting my old account verified.

probably wouldn't notice much, if any, difference. Couple of thoughts.
Do you primarily use mysqueezebox.com (versus running SbS on your own
local server)? I'd assume so if you only do internet radio.  There are
many stations moving to AAC format streaming. This works natively on a
TOUCH but will not work on a SB3 without having SbS to deal with
transcoding.

Also, I assume that most of the stations you listen to are 128 streams
(or less). I know there are some 320 streams out there, and maybe
classical has more, not sure. But even at 256, I'm just not sure that
the Touch and SB3 would be much different in terms of sound quality.

Also, I assume you do not currently use a DAC of any kind.

This said, my first point (many stations moving to AAC), might be worth
the move, and the somewhat better analog and digital outs of the Touch
would be icing on the cake.

--
garym

System 1: Vortexbox Appliance (1.10) > SbS 7.6.2 > Transporter, Touch,
Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
System 2: Win7(64) laptop > SbS 7.6.2 > Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio and laptop)
Retired: SB3, Duet Receiver
Controlled at both locations with: iPhone (iPeng), iPad (iPengHD &
SqueezePad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.6 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Additional Tagging - mp3tag