dsdreamer;660962 Wrote:
> I find that even a modest headphone amp makes a huge difference to the
> experience of using a Touch through cans. I think this accounts for
> your audio quality suffering in the 2nd bedroom. Possibly, the cheap
> headphone stage in the Touch is the culprit, which I believe is
> bypassed when using the RCA outputs to an outboard headphone amplifier.

I run 100% volume out of the Touch to a Little Dot I+ (LD I+) hybrid
tube headphone amplifier which is paired with Grado SR-225i phones
(soon to be Grado PS500). The LD is a match made in heaven with low
impedance Grado cans......800mW @ 32 ohms. The audio quality is
stellar, has swappable ops amps and tubes, and it didn't break the
bank. DavidZheZhe over at Little Dot is a great guy, great to deal
with.

http://www.littledot.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=819&sid=2a137950871b16a4695e1b54a0e3d298

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Little-Dot-I-1-Hybrid-Tube-Transistor-Amp-Amplifier-/190575763699?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5f3360f3

--