Phil Leigh;661406 Wrote:
> That's how they sound to you.
>
> I can absolutely assure you that whilst a cable IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE
> THINGS IT IS CONNECTED TO can definitely roll-off/boost the treble
> and/or roll-off/boost the bass, it can't actually "restrict" dynamics
> or make the midband "congested". Those things are beyond the
> capabilities of a wire which only has resistance, capacitance and
> inductance going for it.

You would not then be surprised what really bad design of signal cables
with unstable audiphool grade amps with weird impedance and other really
substandard electrical design can do :)

Some part of audiophooldom are a kind of self-fulfilling, I bet there
is equipment that sound radically different with different cables ;)(
before it burns out when oscillation or something ).

If you like RFI/EMI unscreened cables like some Nordost,Kimber and
Goertz must mate "really" well with some extreme bandwith stuff (the
holy slewrate ), The idiocy off unscreened signal cable IS probably an
attempt to make cables that are truly "different " ?

But with normal modern op-amp or transistor based design with sane
impedances and sane bandwidths and "normal" cable lengths and "good"
cables it would not be possible to discerns any difference , and yet
the audiphools says that they can hear sonic characteristics of
different -metals- ! nutters .

--
Mnyb

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad 64gB wifi +3g with iPengHD & SqueezePad