regalma1;661894 Wrote:
> Before everyone goes off spending their money I would like to point out
> there is nothing in this thread showing that this works. It is all
> theoretical. Maybe it is better, maybe it does nothing at all, maybe it
> is even worse. After thirty some years in the RF and microwave business
> I've come to not accept anything till it can be shown to work. The
> output of a power supply should be very easy to measure.
>
> I do have to be skeptical about the benefits of a power supply. I work
> on instruments that have dynamic ranges far beyond that of the human
> ear. They are packed full of oscillators, clocks and numerous switching
> power supplies. We also use external switching power supplies to run
> them. But I'm open to the idea. My one experiment with a linear supply
> on SB yielded nothing more than a lot of wasted electricity and money.
>

> My two cents worth.

Fair point well made, its good to be sceptical.
In general principle your experience has taught you to be sceptical and
thats good, me too. Specifically though - and not trying to be funny -
but how does the instruments you work on (that are outside the range of
human hearing)have any bearing on audio equipment? :)

The forum here has been round this roundabout a million times though,
and I don't want to go down this argument - rather get on with my
life.

Going by who designed it, trust me, I'm sure this supply measures
fantastic.
I've done more than one experiment with linear supplies actually and
had good and bad results. The point is they CAN MAKE WHAT THEY ARE
CONNECTED TO SOUND DIFFERENT.
A cheapie I tried (Strontionics I think?) buzzed like a bee, heated the
room up and sounded worse than the stock supply.
..and that was on my SB3.
SO not all linear supplies (like switchers) are not equal.

I'm a skeptic on a tight budget so colour me sceptical about such
things.
Thing is, this supply HAS been shown to work...it made my digital
source sound a helluva lot more involving, musical and enjoyable than
before.
How do you measure that? ;)

I don't know what a power supply sounds like and I dont care to
honestly. :)
Its the final result that comes out my speakers and hits my ears that
matters and this made that experience a whole lot better.
I mentioned that it made my hifi addictive again...
its about musical enjoyment and its better becasue of this psu.

In my book thats it being shown to work.
As I said, I'm not trying to justify anything or get drawn into debate,
just passing on my experience.

--
Gazjam