zoldar;662950 Wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I have been trying to get the touch to output to a MF V-link which
> bridges to my Moon 300D DAC.
>
> I have tried it with the toolbax as well as changing the asound.conf as
> mentioned for the hrt II.
>
> Nu such luck. I either get a touch which goes into a bootup loop or it
> doesnt play the files. I do detect the vlink on card:1
>
> Any expereinces with this async bridge?

I just found this thread a few minutes ago, and now have a Wavelength
Proton USB DAC playing just sweet out of new Logitech Touch.

It didn't want to give me any sound because this particular DAC has an
analog volume control that is set over the USB bus.

The wavelength reported inself as Card 1 using  "aplay -l", so the
following command worked to get sound out of the thing.

amixer -c 1 cset numid=2 90%,90%,unmute

I added the command in the /etc/init.d/rcS startup script, just before
it starts squeeze player, and it worked like a charm.

Now that I said that, I just got a couple pops and clicks from that.
Guess I will go play with a couple different cables or put a small hub
between the Touch and the DAC and see if that problem will go away.

It sounds really really good. (Sans the pop thing.)

-Paul

--
paul.raulerson