I just got a Calyx 24/192 DAC and that is not showing up with aplay -l.
This is what dmesg shows:

usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using fsl-ehci and address 2
usb 1-1: configuration #1 chosen from 2 choices
invalid HEADER
snd-usb-audio: probe of 1-1:1.0 failed with error -5

I tried this with 2 Touches with the same error.  The DAC works
natively in Snow Leopard and is also found and shows up as an ALSA
device on my VortexBox Fusion VM.

Any ideas?  I get the feeling I'm just SOL.  SqueezeSlave doesn't
support hi res and the VortexBox solution is unreliable -- it cuts out
completely after a little while.  Ahhhhh I don't want to give up the
Squeezebox interface, but I definitely want to use the async USB on my
DAC!

Thanks...

--
kimchee411