toby10;670867 Wrote:
> Yes, but it's not pretty.  :)
>
> You need to connect your Touch to your laptop via ethernet, then create
> an ad-hoc network on your laptop.  The most common way is to use ICS
> (Internet Connection Sharing) on the laptop.  Essentially this turns
> your laptop into a router and gateway to the internet.
>
> This way your Touch can access the internet and your local laptop music
> library.  Your laptop will get permission to be on the network via WiFi
> (login screen) and anything connected via ICS on the laptop now has
> access to the network.
>
> Whether or not your employer has other "filters" and security features
> on their network is another issue.

wouldn't it be easier just to install SqueezePlay on your laptop (as a
software SB player) and leave the TOUCH at home?

--
garym

Location 1: Vortexbox Appliance 6TB (1.10) > SbS 7.6.2 > Transporter,
Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
Location 2: Win7(64) laptop > LMS 7.7.0 > Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio and laptop)
Retired: SB3, Duet Receiver
Controlled at both locations with: iPhone (iPeng), iPad (iPengHD &
SqueezePad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.7 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Additional Tagging - mp3tag