yes, as i stated and JJx noted, the key here is impromptu. i've just
powered on my stereo system with Touch on top. i'm going through my
favorite albums and picking out tracks. i'm not interested in saving
the list nor do i want to fire up my laptop for creating one.  this is
in fact why i purchased Touch, to eliminate laptop in the loop and to
perhaps improve audio quality via direct spdif connection.

it would solve my concerns if there were an option to not destroy the
current playlist for play; i.e., the track plays and when it completes,
the playlist simply continues where it was interrupted.  this would be a
safer and function-consistent design.

--
pavowren