firedog;675333 Wrote:
> there the situation with vortexbox is summed up as follows by one user
> (not fully tested by me, not my opinion, so don't flame me please):
>
> (1) Using Vortexbox, the Vortexbox player cannot play files without
> gapping.
>
> (2) Using Squeezeslave, you can play gapless files just fine, but not
> any hi-res files.
>
> (3) Using MPD, you can play gapless and high res file, but you have to
> suffer a poorly designed and cranky remote control interface.

Could you provide a link to this post? I couldn't find it in my
searches on the computeraudiophile.com forum.  I'm curious to see when
it was written, and what remote-control interface the author was
complaining about. The latest version of MPaD has a nice user
interface: http://www.katoemba.net/makesnosenseatall/mpad/

In any case, (3) validates

MPD Client  > MPD > VortexBox Player: gapless playback of hi-res FLAC.

--
Ron Olsen