lauret;675365 Wrote:
> If anybody is willing to install the pyaudio module (when running
> debian/ubuntu it is a matter of installing python-pyaudio), you can try
> out
> my rewrite of squeezeslave in python. It probably does not function
> very well
> on all systems at this point, because I only started writing it
> yesterday,
> but it works right here. Also, if there are any python programmers
> here,
> please take a look and provide comments, suggestions, or patches
> please.
>
> You can find the code right here: http://github.com/terual/slimpy
> Please read the README, because you probably have to add a rule to
> convert.conf and to be able to stream 192kHz, you have to patch the
> server
> with the provided patch.

WOW, AWESOME!!

So I looked at the code and can't figure out how it starts. All I see
are the definitions of three classes, but no instantiation of any of
them, no call to a function or any such thing. How does it get started?
What am I missing?

It looks like the startup stuff should be in __INIT__.py but that is
just comments about the program, it doesn't actually DO anything.

Thanks so much for doing this. I love python (I can't stand perl), so
actually being able to do something in python with regards to
squeezebox is great.

Thanks again,

John S.

--