Hi All

I'm looking to buy a QNAP NAS which will stream FLAC and MP3 files to
my Touch and also AVI and MKV files to a Dune Media Player which I'm
yet to buy.

My question is which QNAP NAS is the best for my needs?

I won't need to stream music and video at the same time, it will only
be one or the other but my biggest concern is being able to play FLAC
files without any problems.

I currently use a Seagate Freeagent Go 300GB USB Powered Hard Drive
connected to my Touch and only after the last couple of firmwares
updates have I been able to actually play Flac and MP3 files from this
hard drive, previous to that it would never work consistently and would
always have issues connecting to the USB Device and even when connected
it wouldn't play.

I've been told that a NAS server would be a much better option.

Also is the QNAP the best option for a NAS? Anything better/easier
possibly even cheaper out there?

Please bare in mind I have no Linux skills so would prefer not to hack
or carry out commands etc.

Hope to hear from you guys,

Many thanks in advance.

--