Paul, the configurations near the start of this thread should get sound
coming out of the proton. It may work fine, it may have ticks and pops.
The modifications I originally posted for the HRT music streamer II may
also work. If they work at all they will most likely work well. This
runs the DAC in 16 bit mode. I'm not sure if the Proton (or QB9) will
run in 16 bit mode.

If it only runs in 24 bit mode, you have two choices, the original
config, which runs plughw mode which can automatically convert to
whatever the DAC can read, BUT causes ticks and pops in many cases (but
not all!) or go with hw mode, which radically cuts down on ticks and
pops, but you need a new jive_alsa which outputs the 24 bit format the
DACs take. I've put the new jack_alsa on the net if you are interested.
All the necessary configurations are in this thread somewhere (It will
take some time for me to find them!)

Montana, at this point I cannot guarantee a QB9 is going to work, some
people have had them work great others have not.

The problem is for sure in the Touch firmware, but we don't know
exactly what is wrong yet.

I don't have a good guaranteed to work in all cases solution yet.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson