Mnyb;687530 Wrote:
> The official logitech spotify app only works on Radio and Touch not Duet
> .
> You need to run a local server running Triodes spotify plugin for it to
> work .
> it's is the receiver part of the duet that has to small cpu/memory etc
> to fit the encryption demanded by spotify .
>
> triode uses the libspotify app on your local computer , logitech can
> not design a similar solution via mysqueezebox.com (or local server )
> for legal reasons most probably due to their deal with spotify .

Thanks for your reply. I do have a touch, so that's not the problem.

I'm a bit confused now... Are you saying that I cannot use the official
plugin without having a server running at the same time? Or does that
only apply to Triode's 3-rd-party plugin?

If I can't use Spotify without a server, for me that pretty much defies
the whole point of it. I mean if I have to have my computer running
anyway, I can just connect it to my stereo without using the
squeezebox.

--
the.Mr.S