JJZolx;692726 Wrote:
> Does the phone actually operate as a router to create a local wifi
> network, or is it just providing internet access? Does he also have a
> local network with a router or a switch?
>

> You don't need internet access for the Touch and LMS to work on a local
> network.
>
> If the phone is actually operating as a wireless router to create a
> local network then I couldn't imagine a more rickety setup. The network
> will be down anytime the app isn't running and who knows how many other
> problems are created when the phone moves around the house or a call is
> in progress. He should get an inexpensive router even if he doesn't have
> internet access.

The phone actually operates as a Router. I have used these myself in
remote areas. We actually had 3 laptops hooked to a Phone with 3 users
all happily using the internet.

My friend has been on his Laptop using the internet for hours at a time
without a hitch. Understand, this is not his first choice, as his
location does not off internet service.

I also know that you do not need internet service for LMS and the SBT
to work, as he has been running it for a year now. He was using a
separate router without internet access for this.

He would like to get Pandora radio working by using the internet on
the phone network.

--
Cut-Throat