andynormancx;693271 Wrote:
> You cannot connect the Touch to a computer with USB, that is only for
> use with USB hard drives and memory sticks.

There is experimental work to use the USB output, which for some DACs
is recommended for best performance (Asynchronous USB DACs, for
example). I am using my Touch via USB thanks to Triode's, John
Swenson's and others' work (see
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=93310).

But back to your question: if you have good WiFi reception, there is no
need to run cables. The Touch has a large buffer (20 seconds-worth I
believe, for lossless).

If you are trying to tweak the most out of your system, it has been
argued that Ethernet can produce better sound provided other steps are
taken, but I have not taken them. See the Audiophiles sub-forum and TT
3.0 threads etc.

--
tufty