I built John's power supply. It works fine ... but has an unexpected
result: in fact I've the impression it just works too good.

The Logitech supply sounds more pronounced, piano has more attack, the
whole is finer. Pianonotes are more built in distinct steps.
With the DIY-supply, music sounds softer, more smoothing, more merging.
Voices surely are warmer, but less sparkling. And the violin that always
sounded fascinating gets boring after a while.

The Logitech output is 4,8V. The DIY exactly 5V. But in my opinion this
can not give that difference.
I don't have an oscilloscope any more to compare the outputs.

I can't explain this. It seems as if the sound needs the noise from the
Logitech ??

--
beetof