sadexpunk wrote:
> thanks mate.
>
> ok, just moved my switch library to home menu, so thats one job done
> :-)
>
> youre right, i sometimes have 2 servers running, is that a problem?  and
> if so why?  i have LMS running on my laptop, and my wife has it on hers
> too, this is the other option in the switch library.
>
> as for the upgrade, mine is 7.7.2 already, same as SB online, so why
> would it ever ask me to downgrade??  thanks for the tip on ignoring it
> tho when it prompts me, ill try that next time.  and as for switching
> servers, i never use online server anyway.  i suppose thats because i
> dont know why i would :-)  i must admit i dont understand all this
> server stuff, and dont really understand what SB online does.  my
> knowledge is limited to knowing that i have my music on my laptop, my
> server on my laptop, SB touch and laptop pick up my wifi and send music
> or internet radio requests to my amp and speakers.  i see SB online as
> an option but dont know why or when i would ever use that instead of my
> local server.
>
> thanks for your help

Maybe your wife's LMS server is version 7.7.1?  OK to have multiple
servers (and just use switch library to move from one to the other). But
easier if both are using the same version of LMS (e.g., 7.7.2).

Regarding the online LMS server (mysqueezebox.com), you are correct. You
NEVER need to connect to it as long as you are running one of your local
servers. It is useful for folks that don't want to run a local server
(but of course they are then limited to internet radio and online music
services (MOG, Pandora, etc.).   You do need to enter your
"mysqueezebox.com" credentials, even in your own local LMS server, as
this is what allows your server to talk with services such as Pandora,
MOG, Spotify, SiriusXM, etc.