albertone74 wrote:
> Hi Guido,
> Thanks to your kind response as well.
> I would be interested in knowing about your experience with the
> VortexBox. At the moment the Squeezebox server is running on my Laptop
> and I have been considering to get a separate NAS like the VortexBox.
> Would you recommend it?
> Thanks.

I have two VBA (see signature) and they work very well (running 24/7). I
use them for both my music collection and as a general "network" storage
for various files.  It can also work to stream video (which I haven't
tried). The forum for Vortexbox is very helpful for any questions that
arise. p.s. I know nothing about linux, which is the basis of the VB
system and I haven't found this to be a problem except in one case
(mostly self-caused) and I was given immediate assistance to solve my
problem.