lunchmoney wrote:

> What should I select for "Choose Player" on the Logitech Media Server
> page? I have the option of "Squeezebox Touch" or "Vortexbox"... Which do
> I choose? I don't even understand the question. How is Vortexbox even a
> player?
>
> What does it mean to "Synchronize"? Does the SQBox need to always be
> sychronized to the VortexBox?
>
> Silly question, but what exactly IS the "Logitech Media Server"? Does it
> need to be running? One of the options on the SQBox is "Start Logitech
> Media Server"... does this need to be running?

1) "Choose Player" should be set to "Squeezebox Touch"
2) The "Vortexbox" player plays though the sound card of the Vortexbox
PC.
3) Do not synchronize. This will play the same music through all
synchronized devices, and is not needed for your setup
4) Logitech Media Server MUST BE running on the Vortexbox before you can
select the Vortexbox as your music source under the "My Music" menu on
the Squeezebox. (Logitech Media Server is the brains behind the
Squeezebox - you have to have one running somewhere before you can play
anything on the Touch. Somewhere might be the Vortexbox, another local
PC you've installed LMS on, or MySqueezebox.com global LMS server).

Regards,
Kim